Clear Entire Vault and Start Over

I've been testing out 1Password all my entries (500+) imported from LastPass. I have been experimenting with different things and I think I like what I see. The problem is that while I continue to maintain updates in LastPass, may 1Password vault has not been updated as I continue to experiment with it (I.e., the two are not in sync). At some point when I'm ready to truly switch over, I would like to wipe out everything in my 1Password vault(s), export all my LastPass items, and import them again to my 1Password vault. What is the easiest and cleanest way to start over. I suppose I could close my account and re-open a new account with the same email, but I'm concerned that if I have an active subscription, I will lose any money paid. I'm using the current versions on Windows 10 and Edge browser. Thanks for any suggestions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@CraigThebiker

You can just select all of your entries in a vault, delete them, and then empty the trash. Do this for all the vaults that have entries stored in them.

• CraigThebiker
    CraigThebiker
    Community Member

Thanks MrC. This is probably what I'll end up doing. That will still leave everything in 'Archive' (unless I delete items one by one). I was hoping for a cleaner reset. Does anyone know how long items remain in "Archive"? a month, a year, forever?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@CraigThebiker

I didn't think about Archives.

From this support page:

Previous versions and archived items are saved for one year.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@CraigThebiker:

I confirm that it's indeed one year :+1:

This discussion has been closed.