Better password generator to PC

I noticed that the android version of 1Password has waaay better password generator than PC.
For example, you can generate PIN codes, memorable passwords with digits or symbols between words (or BOTH!?)

Can we get these features to PC as well =) Thanks

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Mercy80 !

I would love to see a better password generator in the Windows desktop app too. Some days ago I needed to generate a password which only consists of digits. But it was not possible in Windows. I had to Google for another password generator which gave me a digit-only password. I was confused and wanted to write a feature request. But I missed it...

Thanks @Mercy80 !

• Hey there @Mercy80 👋

We are actually in the process of moving towards an even better approach to generating passwords!

If a website has the passwordrules attribute coded in its HTML (hey-o, devs!), the brain can use those guidelines to generate a password. It can also check the list of websites that have custom password behavior. The list, which lives in the brain, is compiled in part with Apple and holds 200 websites (and counting). And my power users can still dive into the UI to adjust the password recipe, for those times you just need 49 characters.

You can find the whole blog post here:

A smart(er) password generator

• XPERION
    XPERION
    Community Member

I will look forward to that. It's incredibly bad that you can not generate a password, which MUST contain numbers and special characters. An option to just allow numbers and special characters is simply not good enough and totally outdated.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in on this @XPERION :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.