Exact URL matching + Port number matching filters for credential list

Options

Comments

• ss1pu
    ss1pu
    Community Member
    Options

This feature is clearly something that the user community wants. I've seen numerous similar threads requesting this feature going back YEARS. It is extremely disappointing to see the lack of movement in that time on the 1Password side to offer this feature which is standard in most of the other password managers I've looked into. Might be time to switch.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

I saw a tweet last week from a 1Password developer about this feature. He said they are actively working on this problem, and taking input from this thread, Reddit, support tickets, etc. He said once there's a beta version they will announce the details of the enhancements. Tweet didn't mention any timeline.

• Korri
    Korri
    Community Member
    Options

Please 1Password, I don't want to have to migrate to another manager, but this is really annoying. Really make a premium product feel sub-par.

• joe27262
    joe27262
    Community Member
    Options

I too would like to see this an extract url feature be implemented!! I access a site that uses a url variable to distinguish between doctors offices ?practice_id=xxxx. But all my saved logins for various offices show up as options. https://www.medentmobile.com/portal/index.php

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

1Password added an experimental feature called Improved Autofill Suggestions in Chrome/Edge browser extension 2.6.1. It now respects port number matching, among other features. Found one glitch, but MUCH better than before. It's turned off by default, so turn it on and see what happens.

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    Options

@TravelSD I don't see that setting in the "1Password Beta" Chrome Extension 2.6.1. How did you find it and enable it?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @BLD !

That's how it looks like in the Firefox beta build 2.6.1.

I don't know if Chrome extension looks the same. 😉

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB Thanks for the reply -- but how are you even getting to those settings for the Browser Extension? I see Settings for the main 1P8 app itself of course, but they look nothing like that.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Just open the browser extension and you should see this.

Click that button and the settings should be opened.

• ss1pu
    ss1pu
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB or @TravelSD
    Have you found any documentation on what the 2.6.1 features do for this? The release notes I found on 1Password's site are kind of sparse. Just says "Added some experimental algorithm changes for suggestions that can be toggled in settings. "

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@ss1pu
    The "Improved Autofill Suggestions" will be removed for now. Maybe you should read here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/137037/update-about-autofill-improvements-in-beta

• ss1pu
    ss1pu
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @DenalB. I did notice that that option had been removed from settings. From anyone @ 1Password, is there still no word on when strict URL and port mapping will be supported?

• Hey @ss1pu,

We are always looking to improve the autofill behaviour of 1Password. Currently you do have the ability to set an item to only fill on an exact domain in our latest beta. If you would like to give this a try here are the steps:

1. Switch to the beta version of 1Password 8 using these steps: Use 1Password beta releases.
    2. Edit an item and click on the sort icon in the website URL field
    3. Within here you will see additional autofill behaviour options

Let us know if you have any questions!

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

@steph.giles This is a good start -- thanks for pointing this out. In addition to exact domain matching, I'd also like exact prefix matching -- or even better let me provide a regex that defines a match.

For example, I have two different sites I use served by the same provider's host that is only differentiated by the "subdirectory" part of the URL.

https://www.provider.com/site1
    https://www.provider.com/site2

Each site has its entirely separate set of credentials in 1P and is in no way related to the other. I'd like 1P to be able to understand that and not suggest site2's credentials for site1 and vice versa.

• ss1pu
    ss1pu
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles
    Thank you! Testing and so far it looks good. This is a HUGE step in the right direction.

• Law51
    Law51
    Community Member
    Options

Is the feature removed again?

I'm on Nightly in the app and have the Beta plugin installed in Firefox.

• Law51
    Law51
    Community Member
    Options

I am writing to inquire about any recent updates concerning the topic. As I have been searching for information, I have only come across data that is approximately 4 months old. Could you please provide us with the latest developments or any progress towards re-enabling the feature?

Additionally, I am curious if there have been any advancements or discussions regarding this matter in your internal feature-suggestion tool. Any insights you can share would be greatly appreciated.

• steph.giles
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hey @Law51,

Are you referring to the advanced autofill behaviour feature? You can find out more about this here: Change where a login is suggested and filled

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

• Law51
    Law51
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @steph.giles, I hope you're doing well. I'm talking about: Comment_671216, and it seems like there was a brief period when it was working.

I noticed that the filtering for ports is currently not available in the filter options. In relation to the second part of the discussion regarding the "+ port number matching filter for credential list," I was wondering if this functionality will be added again. Could you provide some insights? Thank you!

• plctremblay
    plctremblay
    Community Member
    Options

This issue still exists in 2023 and is very frustrating especially considering centralized logins like microsoft where you may have access with different logins to different tenants. I understand the complexity of filtering at the source when everything is encrypted, but once the information has reached the browser's extension, wouldn't the information be decrypted at that point? Wouldn't it be possible to activate a second filter at that level before displaying the list based on the presence of a subdomain or specific url?

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

I, too, am desperately looking for the exact URL match feature.

For a specific URL, I have several customer logins. For example,

some-website.com/?pid=1
    some-website.com/?pid=2
    some-website.com/?pid=3
    some-website.com/?pid=4

And so on..........

Each URL has at least 3-4 customer accounts that I am responsible for, and the URL field is saved exactly according to the unique pid.

When I go to any of the above URLs, all the logins related to some-website.com are displayed, which is really frustrating, and picking one from the list is another time-consuming task.

Therefore, the exact URL match feature would be very useful.

I think that Bitwarden has this feature already.

• Law51
    Law51
    Community Member
    Options

Hey 1password team,

can you give us an update to this? Is this still in the backlog or is this in a dev state?

I think internally it's this request: "dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31"

• haxxy
    haxxy
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding another voice to this thread — this feature is clearly needed, and it looks like there are lot of people ready & willing to help with testing :) An update on progress would be really helpful. Thanks!

• Hi @Law51,

This project is still currently on our radar. However, we do not have anything to share at this moment.

Hi @haxxy, thanks for your feedback. I've gone ahead and added your +1 internally. 👍

Franky

• hwillems
    hwillems
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe i'm not thinking it thru, but why not make a checkbox "exact match" and if it's selected show those credentials when you go to that exact website?

• Hey @hwillems,

We do have the feature you are describing for website URL's but currently it does not take in to account the port. You can find out more about the feature here: Change where a login is suggested and filled

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

• hwillems
    hwillems
    Community Member
    edited January 16
    Options

Hi @steph.giles

It helps if there are no ports. I use a server with different applications, all using different ports. So when i go the the individual loginscreens I get all the options because the main URL is the same for all apps on that server, the ports make the difference.

Why not create a fourth option? Something like: "only fill on this exact URL". Problem solved :-) And it's up to the user to put in the correct URL, 1Password will do the rest, namely showing the credentials for that exact url. And I've made an exemple because it makes it much clearer...

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles In my home lab I have ton of services all on the same FQDN but all on separate ports. 1P needs to be 'port' aware.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 17
    Options

Thanks @TravelSD @hwillems

I've passed on your feedback to the products team for possible inclusion in the future.

ref: PB-37839717
    ref: PB-37839757

• hwillems
    hwillems
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy
    I'm not gonna hold my breath, "possible" and "in the future" doesn't sound very promising :-) But hey, you never know!