Exact URL matching + Port number matching filters for credential list

I have two situations that I think 1 Password X could be smarter in dealing with:

1) Exact URL matching for multiple hostnames on the same domain
2) Exact port number matching for multiple web services on the same host but unique port numbers

For #1, I have this example: Two web services on the same domain, but unique hostnames, e.g server1.mydomain.com and server2.mydomain.com. With 1 Password X, the login box for both hostnames lists BOTH login credentials even though in 1Password the URL for the credential is an exact match. It would be nice if there were an 'exact URL match' filtering option so that if a saved credential URL exactly matched the FQDN, only the credential for that FQDN would be listed..not everything for the base domain name.

For #2, I run Docker and multiple docker containers use the same IP but have unique port numbers. For example, web service 1 could be: 10.10.10.10:8889, and web service 2 10.10.10.10:9005. In this case, again, 1Password X lists all credentials for that IP. I think it would be smarter if 1Password X could take into consideration IP/FQDN and Port numbers and if there's an exact match, only list that one credential. As it stands now, when I access one of my docker services I get a credential list that has more than 8 entries in it.

1Password Version: 7.8.3.0 Beta
Extension Version: 1.25.6
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited May 12

Hi @TravelSD!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• +1 For this. My login suggestion in some places are like this because of the *.domain.com suggestion. Idk, maybe add a checkbox somewhere that enables exact URL matches for suggestion?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the feedback as well @loggor, noted :+1:

• I'd like to +1 this feature. I have instances like this where I get multiple results and what I really want to do is have an option in the 1Password entry to say only ever match this on exact URLs.

The particular instance I come up against this is an authenticated site where I need to put some additional auth in on specific pages sometimes. But the overall site is the same URL.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for letting us know @warpspeed, and for the specific example :+1:

• I totally agree. Very often you have different services running on different subdomains/ports and 1Password really does not handle that well. Here is an example how LastPass handles this, it's works well https://medium.com/@dapperdan85/lastpass-url-rules-18a5414b9f43

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, @Stanzilla!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Naxterra:

How are you managing to stay on the .fr website? No matter what I do, I keep being redirected to disneylandparis.com here.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

The base domain (disnylandparis.com) is identical in both URLs so it is the same website even if the pages are completely differently designed.

1Password bases suggestions on matching the base domain. If there is a match for both the subdomain + base domain (e.g. pass-annuel.disnylandparis.com), then it will show up first in the suggestions, but you will still get suggestions for all logins that contain the base domain disnylandparis.com.

If the base domain is different (e.g. disnylandparis.fr) , then suggestions should not show up unless you have both domains listed in the login item.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Which problem are you referring to @Naxterra ?

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

We already have that on our TODO list :)

In the meantime, as I mentioned, if you have a login item that contains the subdomain+domain in the "website" field, it should show up first in the list of suggestions when you visit that specific subdomain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file