My Account Identification shows my middle initial as part of my last name. How to remove it?

New user here. When creating my account, my middle initial autofilled into the Last Name field. My last name now looks like "M Lastname" instead of "Lastname". How can I edit my identification to delete the middle initial, and show the correct last name?

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.24.2
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Account Identification -- Edit Last Name

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Anton99!

You can change your name and surname in your profile page on 1Password.com. Let us know how it goes!

• Anton99
    Anton99
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

The original question was:
    How can I edit my identification to delete the middle initial, and show the correct last name?

Attached is a screenshot of the "Identities" tab. Under the heading of "Identification", neither the first name nor the last name fields are editable. (It does, however, allow you to copy -- but not change it).

In the last name field, I would like to change from "M Lastname" to "Lastname"

Can it be done, or do I need to delete my account and start over?

Thanks for your assistance.

• Hey there @Anton99, thanks for the clarification! You can edit that entry by clicking the Edit button, which should be at the bottom-right corner of the webpage - here's a handy screenshot:

Of note, the item you show in your screenshot is an Identity item, which can be used to store and Autofill your personal information. If you'd like to change the name that is registered to your 1Password account, the link that my colleague @ag_ana shared in the post above can help out with that. :smile: Let me know if I can help out any further - I'm always happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.