Firefox 1Password Icon Issue, OSX

Options
Randy Sauers
Randy Sauers
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

The 1password icon keeps defaulting to the right-most position next to the address bar in Firefox on OSX every time the browser is quit and reopened.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hi Randy,

That's not good. Unfortunately, this isn't something we can control as Firefox's the one responsible for it. We tried many things but often it is the result of a bug in Firefox or a conflict with another extension.

Are you using the privacy mode in Firefox? Try disabling it, restart Firefox a couple of times to see if this will make the 1Password key stick.

If not, can you tell me which version of Firefox and 1Password extension you have?

• Randy Sauers
    Randy Sauers
    Community Member
    Options

Extension 3.9.9, Firefox 18.0.2, Privacy is disabled.

• Hi Randy,

I have the same versions as you do and unfortunately, I can't reproduce it. Have you tried disabling all extensions beside 1Password, restart Firefox, and then see if it'll stick.

If not, please consider creating a separate new Firefox profile and see if it'll work in that new profile without any other data.

Let me know how it turns out.

• Randy Sauers
    Randy Sauers
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, strange things were happening but I think it is sticking properly now. I think it was the Bookmark drop down icon that was causing a problem. I took that off the menu bar because I noticed that when I went to customize the bar, it would move. After, the 1Password icon was changing depending on what I was doing Quit Firefox and reopen, Close Firefox window and reopen, or open a link from email, etc...

After setting the icon for each of those actions, it is sticking now. Hopefully it will stay there now. You think super glue would help?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha! We're still working on the super glue functionality, but I'm glad things are working better now. Please keep us posted if you have any other trouble. We are always here to help!

• SaSaSushi
    SaSaSushi
    Community Member
    Options

This thread is 6 months old but I just started experiencing the same thing and it is driving me crazy. I am also using the bookmarks drop down icon, but removing it does not resolve the situation. I am using Firefox 23.0.1 and the 1Password 3.9.19 extension. No matter what I do, on every restart of Firefox the 1Password icon is moved to the far right of the navigation bar.

Is there any way to fix this? I want the 1Password icon to the left of the address bar.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What happens if you create a new Firefox profile with only the 1Password extension installed?

• SaSaSushi
    SaSaSushi
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion! I created a new profile and then restored with Firefox Sync and so far the 1Password icon seems to be behaving and staying where I put it. :) Not sure what the problem was. but it was probably about time I created a new profile anyway.

• SaSaSushi
    SaSaSushi
    Community Member
    edited August 2013
    Options

I subsequently reenabled the Ghostery icon and 1Password went back to the far right on restarts again. At least I know what is the cause of my particular problem is now.

It's no big deal. I just stuck Ghostery in the Add On bar. Problem solved.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah! Thanks for following up. I'm glad that works for you! :)

Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

I had the original issue (there is a thread from me somewhere) and the also the issue that SaSaSushi had. If I have the 1P and Ghostery icons in the same bar (navigation or addon), after restart all icons (not just Ghostery or 1P) changed places. The issue with Ghostery started after they released v. 5 and it appears to be related to whatever new addon framework Mozilla recommends now. I am not sure if this could be controlled somehow, but if more addons start using that framework, it could cause the same issue when other addons are enabled too.

This discussion has been closed.