Windows Credential Manager (Windows Hello) Crashing.

Pars
Pars
Community Member

I've lately encountered a problem almost exactly like this one: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/450082 Although I'm not using a camera, I use pin.
When I open 1pw mini I've been using my pin-code to unlock it for a long time. Recently, the unlocking with pin-code causes Credential Manager to crash.

Is this a known issue or am I alone with this?

/P

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10 Pro N 20H2 19042.985
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Pars, I'm really sorry you're running into this issue! Let's see what we can do to get things working again.

Could you confirm if Window Hello is working with any other programs, or whether it seems to function normally to unlock your device? Could you also confirm if 1Password is also crashing, or if only Credential Manager is affected? Have you rebooted your device recently?

• Pars
    Pars
    Community Member
    edited May 2021

Hello! Thank you for a fast response! It works flawless to unlock my device with the pin-code. I'm not sure how to test that further.
    When the "Credential Manager IU" crashes, I can interact with 1password. I can rightclick the icon and Exit or get into the Settings. So my guess is that 1Password is not crashing.
    Rebooted last night, same issue today. I can do a workaround and just not use Windows Hello, but my password is quite long...

Thanks for your help Dayton

Edit: I removed my work account (office365 account) that uses some kind of microsoft authenticator. Now it works again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Pars:

Edit: I removed my work account (office365 account) that uses some kind of microsoft authenticator. Now it works again!

Thank you for the update! Just out of curiosity, where did you remove the work account from exactly?

• Pars
    Pars
    Community Member

E-mail and app accounts (in swedish its called "E-post- och appkonton") The work account was under Accounts used by other apps.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for the clarification @Pars!

This discussion has been closed.