Windows hello authenticates me but returns "Something went wrong. Please try again"

Options

Hi,
When I try to open my vault using Windows Hello I do get the Windows hello prompt, but I also get this error (Username revoved in the picture).

It looks like I get authenticated properly but something goes wrong sending that "ok" to the 1password app (7.7.805).

When I logon to Windows 10 during boot, Windows hello is working just fine. I am using Windows 10 Home 19043.1023

Any help would be apprciated.

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: 2.0.0
OS Version: Windows 10 home 19043.1023
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dk90103!

For confirmation, has this started happening recently, or have you never been able to unlock 1Password with Windows Hello yet?

• dk90103
    dk90103
    Community Member
    Options

I only started to notice since you released the Chrome plugin 2.00 which syncs with the Desktop app (thank you so much for that feature). So after upgrading the plugin to 2.00 I started to test. If I login manually on the Winsows App the login is reflected correctly in the new Chrome extension. But logging in with Windows Hello feature gived the above error at all times.
    I even tried to rescan my face under Accounts -> Login options. Still it does not work in your app, but logging into Windows works just fine.
    To me it looks like I am authenticated as it displays my name (hidden in the above picture), but passing the status on to your app gives the error it seems. But I could be wrong.
    As I am at Windows 10 home there are no group policies that could block it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dk90103:

Thank you for the clarification! I think from what you are writing that this is a bug that our developers are currently investigating. Please see this post from my colleague Yaron if you would like to send us some logs to confirm whether this is the case :+1:

If you do email us, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

• dk90103
    dk90103
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thank you ag_ana. The log file was now emailed to you with reference to both tickets.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dk90103:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: QHY-33382-355

This discussion has been closed.