Cant Access 1Password AT ALL!!!!

Options

Hi, I am having serious problems with the software. I am getting a red circle with a 1 appearing on the black key symbol. When I checked it out it said that there is a problem with my extensions, helper cannot connect, I must reinstall my extensions.
I followed all of the tips provided, going through them one by one but nothing worked. I got to the point where it said I should generate a report and send it but I could not export the report to my computers desktop. I found even more online tips from the website on how to export when having trouble and even they didn't work. I then worked out how to reinstall the extensions, from the website, and so proceeded to do it.

Now, after reinstalling the safari extensions, I can't log into 1Password at all!!! When I now click the key icon in safari and I type my master password it says Connecting/Syncing and a number counts upwards from 1. The number never stops counting. I don't understand what this counting number is, nothing is explained, am I supposed to let it count continuously until magically it logs me in or is this counting some sort of error?

I am so frustrated with this software, I have been trying for the last 5 HOURS to get it to work with all of the online prompts and nothing works. Now I can't log in at all!! I thought 1password was supposed to simplify things but it is giving me nothing but headaches!!
I have done nothing to make this happen, this little red icon just suddenly appeared for no reason and now nothing works.

When I open the app it shows me the welcome page, when I click on 'I have already used 1Password' it opens Finder and asks me to 'find existing 1Password file' but the file is greyed out and I can't click it.

I saw something whist trying to fix this problem earlier about the agile keychain not being found on my computer, whatever that means. Why would the keychain suddenly disappear from my computer?
Could this mean My 1Password has been hacked??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am running OSX Mountain Lion, with the latest 1Password software 3.9.6 downloaded from the app store.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2013
    Options

Are you using Dropbox for syncing ?

If so make sure the Keychain is located in this directory

~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

~ = user's folder, you can go there by pressing ⇧,⌘,H Thats Shift command and "h"

Per sandboxing rules the 1Password keychain in Dropbox must be located in the user's folder it cannot be located in the documents folder not the desktop or any other folder. Does it appear in the user's home folder.

Makes sure Dropbox has finished syncing.

• TheKettlebellGuy
    TheKettlebellGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I have done the command you said, clicked on the dropbox folder and there is nothing in dropbox with regards to 1Password. I know it used to be there. Why would it now be gone??? Have I been hacked?

• TheKettlebellGuy
    TheKettlebellGuy
    Community Member
    Options

And yes it is in the users folder, not in any other folder. How can i retrieve my keychain? where do i look for it?

• TheKettlebellGuy
    TheKettlebellGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, after 8 hours of banging my head against a wall, I decided to check time machine for the keychain before it was mysteriously deleted. I found it, restored it and now 1Password works! Hallelujah!! Your post made me check the dropbox folder, which made me realise it was missing, which prompted the time machine check, so thank you for your input.

• Hi @TheKettlebellGuy,

I'm glad you got it back. I'm a bit concerned as to why it was removed. You might want to check the Events history on Dropbox.com in your web browser to see if 1Password.agilekeychain was deleted in the past week from a specific device or computer. Hopefully, you can figure it out from there.

I'd also make sure to be careful with any apps that cleans up after your Mac, like deleting app's leftover files when you delete or uninstall an app. They sometime can be overagressive and delete files when the app is updated, rather than uninstalled.

• TheKettlebellGuy
    TheKettlebellGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I will be sure to check it out to make sure it doesn't happen again. Cheers

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.