Bug: Unlocking 1Password Vault (Extension + Windows App)

I'm experiencing an issue wherein when you unlock 1Password by pressing Ctrl + Shift + X.

The first unlock will always fail, while the second attempt to unlock will be successful.

This issue hasn't been a problem with 1Password Extension only unlocking

But when I installed the Windows app alongside it. It became an issue.

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: 2.01
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @E29037CB!

But when I installed the Windows app alongside it. It became an issue.

Have you enabled the integration between 1Password for Windows and the browser extension, or have you simply installed the Windows app, and kept the extension separate?

• E29037CB
    E29037CB
    Community Member

Here's the setup:

• I installed the Extension then installed the Windows App. I didn't do modification to the settings on either apps.

Is there anything specific on Settings that I must change on Extension or Windows app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@E29037CB:

If you open the extension and go to its settings, do you see the integration enabled there? Here is a screenshot of what it would look like:

• E29037CB
    E29037CB
    Community Member

@ag_ana - This one is enabled on my Extension Settings.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@E29037CB:

I wonder if you are encountering a recent issue that our developers are working on. When this happens again, can you please gather some logs right after unlocking fails the first time, and email them to us, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• E29037CB
    E29037CB
    Community Member

@ag_ana Sure.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you :)

• ghandlin
    ghandlin
    Community Member

I'm having a similar issue except that I can't login at all. I put my password in, hit return and nada. Just sits there. I'm happy to send my log if you tell where to send it.

• ghandlin
    ghandlin
    Community Member

Actually, now it is refusing my password. This is a big problem!

• Hi @ghandlin 👋

Could you try updating to the latest 1Password for Windows Beta and let us know if you continue to see the same issue?

https://support.1password.com/betas/

• ghandlin
    ghandlin
    Community Member

Hi @Blake , I'm happy to do so. I have both the app and the Edge extension installed. The instructions say to open the app and choose to allow beta versions. I can't get into the app at all. Do you want me to uninstall everything and start over. I'm the primary account holder for my family. I don't want to mess anything up in regard to that. Being developer myself, I know it shouldn't, but being a developer, I know stranger things have happened!

• ghandlin
    ghandlin
    Community Member

So, I just got into it. I found other thread where it was suggested that the previous password was being expected rather than the current password. I tried that and I got in. I was then prompted again for credentials, of which would not accept the previous password, but rather the new password. Both the app and the extension seem to be working now. I'll report back if they stop working after the next reboot (can't do it today).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @ghandlin! And sounds good, let us know if you encounter any other issues :+1:

This discussion has been closed.