Feature Request: Login-Card Link

Options

I'd like an optional field associated with Logins that can point to a Credit Card item, indicating which card I have tied to that website for payment. This is mainly so I have a way to quickly find out what accounts need to be updated when a card's expiration date gets renewed. This came up recently for me when one of my cards had to be reissued due to some fraudulent charges in New Jersey. I know 1Password can't update that payment information everywhere for me, but this would help make that process easier.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, UltraNerd!

There are a few things that I do to make managing recurring payments a breeze.

1. Tag all Login items for websites where you manage recurring payments with "bills".
    2. Of those items now tagged with "bills", tag the ones you pay with a credit card with "credit".
    3. Note the specific credit card associated with the items tagged "bills" and "credit" in the Notes field of each item.
    4. Set up a Smart Folder for recurring payments that come out of your checking account:

5. Set up a Smart Folder for recurring payments that are paid via a credit card:

Now if you ever need to change your payment method, you have a Smart Folder that lists all recurring payments that are paid via a credit card with the specific credit card associated with each account listed in the Notes field.

If, for example, you pay all your recurring credit card payments with the same credit card, all you need to do is go through the "Recurring CC" Smart Folder and double-click each item to log in and update the payment method if your card expires, or is ever lost or stolen.

We'll see how we can improve this in the future, but for now the tags, Smart Folders, and Notes fields work extremely well for me and also allow for greater flexibility to suit everyone's different needs rather than forcing everyone to do things exactly like I do. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• UltraNurd
    UltraNurd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the idea! This should do what I want. Previously I had just been using tags to categorize websites.

• charlie98
    charlie98
    Community Member
    edited February 2013
    Options

or you could just tag your bill paying logins with the last 4 digits of whatever account you want to pay with(or however many you want)

This discussion has been closed.