How To: Manually add a Login via the browser extension

Options
Will Persampieri
Will Persampieri
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I am unable to create a new password using the safari extension. I'm on a website that I haven't saved a password for, and 1Password didn't detect a new login because the site's login process is really weird. So, I'd like to add the password myself. Problem is, clicking that "+" button in the upper right does nothing. The button gets darker when my mouse is "clicked down," so the button is receiving the "press," but nothing happens after that.

And yes, I'm running the latest 3.9.9.

Comments

• gekkoh
    gekkoh
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't work for me either. This has been broken for at least a year! I am seriously annoyed by this and very disappointed... I was hoping it would get fixed in time, but it was not.

Also might I add, the extensions are very bad in general... I remember back when each browser had their own 1P extension (probably back in 1Password v2) and they were awesome! The current extensions are horrible. They load slow and are often unresponsive... Can't even launch 1Password from within them at times. What's up with that ???

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The + button is used to record a Login item based on the information you have filled into a login form. Please be sure to fill in the login form on the page first before clicking the + button. If you don't fill out the form first, there is nothing to save so 1Password can't do anything.

Step by step instructions for manually saving a Login item via the + button:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, then click the + button.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.