Firefox extension seems to work, but doesn't display my logins?

Options

OSX 10.8.2
1p 3.8.20 (plugin 3.9.9)
firefox 19.0 (also saw the same problem when running firefox 16.0.1)

When I launch the 1password app, I have my list of 40 logins to choose from.
If I click the 1password icon in chrome, I also see my list of logins...
But when I click the 1password icon in firefox, I have no logins listed. The plugin works, I can add and use a new login if I want. But I have no visibility to my saved config.

I've upgraded firefox to the latest version, I've tried reinstalling the firefox plugin, the problem has remained unchanged.

Any tips?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

AtDhVaAnNkCsE!

Somehow I had never seen that before. Made me smile. :)

Hopefully I can make you smile a bit too by resolving the problem in Firefox.

Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox.

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

• baronworm
    baronworm
    Community Member
    Options

I followed your instructions, and then got the error indicating a "problem with the 1password helper".

I then quit firefox and relaunched, and poof all is well!

thanks for you help :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• Junkemail
    Junkemail
    Community Member
    Options

I have am having this EXACT same error. My 1password app shows my logins, but my firefox will not show anything. I've tried using the search for library/application but NOTHING comes up. I've uninstalled firefox completely, even lost all my bookmarks and 1password won't show any login info for my firefox plugin.

Is there another work around besides the above? I've even search for onepassword.sqlite and search can't even find that file.

• Junkemail
    Junkemail
    Community Member
    Options

Just FYI I fixed it using how Khad suggested, although you have a slight tweak. I'm on Windows 7 Professional, I typed
    %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ in search program which pulled up OnePassword.sqlite, removed it as said to desktop, reinstalled Onepassword firefox extension, and bam everything working again.

Just wanted to add that for those that might have run into it because this is VERY VERY frustrating if you have to deal with it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is the Mac forum, so I only included instructions for Mac. I've posted Windows instructions in the Windows forum, but I'll include them here for completeness:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Enter about:support in the address bar and press Return.
    4. Click the "Show Folder" button.
    5. Quit Firefox.
    6. In the Explorer window that opened, go up one level in the file hierarchy.
    7. Move the OnePassword.sqlite to your desktop.

​Then reinstall the Firefox extension from 1Password for Windows' preferences on the Browsers tab.

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

This discussion has been closed.