Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Blake
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @orsmile 👋

I would also like to have the ability to customize shortcut keys and close them

This is on our roadmap! Customizable keyboard shortcuts will be coming to 1Password 8 for Windows in the future. 😊

When I press ctrl+shift+\ anywhere
    instead of ctrl+\ but still pops up the 1password window
    This is very annoying

I have to say, I think I may be a bit confused here. Which shortcuts are you seeing not work how you'd like?

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

@Blake The shortcut to open 1Password is Ctrl+ \ . But if you press Ctrl+Shift+\, that also opens 1Password.

Edit: Also, Ctrl + \ actually does not open 1Password for me. The only thing that does is pressing Ctrl + Shift+ \ . Is that really the shortcut, but there's a misprint in the commands?

• PeterSawatzki
    PeterSawatzki
    Community Member
    Options

Neither Ctr + \ nor Ctrl-Shift-\ works for me to open 1Password. I'm using a German QUERTZ keyboard and I'm wondering if this may be the cause.

• PeterSawatzki
    PeterSawatzki
    Community Member
    Options

I just found out that on my keyboard I have to press Ctrl+Shift+^ (probably the \ is there on an EN keyboard)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @PeterSawatzki !

I'm also using a German keyboard and had the same issue.
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/602120#Comment_602120

I just found out that on my keyboard I have to press Ctrl+Shift+^ (probably the \ is there on an EN keyboard)

Great! This is working on a German keyboard. Strange shortcut, but it works. Thanks a lot! :)

• Blake
    Options

@andmade

Ctrl+Shift+\ is indeed the correct shortcut you need to use to open 1Password. It looks like we need to change the Keyboard Shortcut menu there, because that's definitely not right. Thanks for catching that!

ref: dev/core/core#8269

@PeterSawatzki @DenalB

Good catch! Our developers are aware that there may be some problems with Keyboard Shortcuts on non-US keyboard layouts. We will get this corrected!

ref: dev/core/core#7697

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

I'm having issues with this too.

CTRL+\ is not working at all for me. Not opening the extension, nor auto-filling when I only have one password saved for the site. When I open the extension settings it says CTRL+SHIFT+X is the registered shortcut and it won't let me change it to CTRL+\ . CTRL+SHIFT+X is the reason I've never switched to 1PasswordX because that's a much more fiddly shortcut for something I do 50 times per day.

CTRL+SHIFT+\ automatically launches/switches to 1Password no matter where I am, but I can't really see a use-case where I'd ever want a shortcut to launch the full desktop app (I'd like to disable this "feature" asap).

Windows 10 21H1
    1Password 8.1.2-62BETA
    Extension 2.0.5 in Edge

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add to the thread: When I hit Ctrl+Shift+\ 1Password opens (full). When I hit Ctrl+Shift+X 1password (Suggestions) opens.

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to go back to the classic extension due to issues with the new extension (bugs in that CTRL+\ doesn't work, and issues in that I really really dislike in-field prompting) but unfortunately I've discovered that the classic extension doesn't work with the v8 beta. Back to v7 for me.

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member
    Options

I read in the Release Notes that the shortcuts were updated and revised. It looks like the change from Ctrl + K to Ctrl + / did not make it to the Ladybug menu:

Also, the Show 1Password shortcut still says Ctrl+\, when it only works with Ctrl+Shift+.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wraith:

CTRL+\ is not working at all for me. Not opening the extension, nor auto-filling when I only have one password saved for the site.

The correct shortcut is Ctrl + Shift + \, sorry for the confusion! The keyboard shortcut menu will be updated soon :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@caduceus26:

Just to add to the thread: When I hit Ctrl+Shift+\ 1Password opens (full). When I hit Ctrl+Shift+X 1password (Suggestions) opens.

This is indeed the correct behavior :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andmade:

Thank you for letting us know! That menu will be updated soon: our developers have already added the new shortcuts to the latest internal version, so it should appear in one of the next updates :)

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana ,

It seems that CTRL+\ is not possible for auto-fill in the newer extensions (in chrome/edge anyway) which is unfortunate. I totally understand it's me being inflexible, but given how often I log into sessions per day and with ~10 years of using CTRL+\ in 1Password I find switching to a different combination (that also requires an extra keypress) breaks me :blush: . I'm going to try switching to Firefox to see if I can make that a viable option instead (CTRL+. is not as desirable as CTRL+\ but I think it's a better solution than CTRL+SHIFT+X for auto-fill)

• Blake
    Options

I definitely understand how hard it is to change that burned-in muscle memory behind using the same keyboard shortcut for years.

I hope you're getting along a little better after spending some time with the newer shortcuts, though! 😊

• faizhasim
    faizhasim
    Community Member
    Options

Is there are workaround that we can do to change this? Would love to test version 8, but I got something else mapped CMD+SHIFT+space as part of my workflow.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. If you install the latest NIGHTLY-build of version 8 you are able to change this shortcut in the settings.

See here: https://1password.community/discussion/122524/remap-keyboard-shortcuts-including-quick-access-on-mac-space-customization-available-in-nightly

This discussion has been closed.