Trouble Syncing my iPad & iPhone with my Mac

Options
Harty
Harty
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I currently am using 1Password v4.1.2 for my iPad & iPhone (iOS 6.1.2).
I am using v3.8.2 on my Mac (MacOS 10.8.2).
I cannot get my mac to recognize my iPad or iPhone to sync them all.
In the Sync tab on the Mac there is no option for adding a new device.

Please Help.
Thanks in advance.

-Harty

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm going to assume the version number you listed for 1Password on your Mac was simply a typo since 3.8.2 is eighteen versions behind and over a year and a half old. The current version is 3.8.20. Everything else sounds up to date, so I'll assume you are someone who stays up to date with software and that you are actually running 3.8.20. :)

The sync section in the sidebar in 1Password 3 for Mac is only for Wi-Fi syncing which was a feature in 1Password 3 for iOS. Wi-Fi syncing is not available in 1Password 4 for iOS, so it is not possible to see your iOS device(s) show up there in 1Password 3 for Mac if you have 1Password 4 for iOS installed on your devices.

If that sounds a little confusing, you're not alone. That's why we are moving to greatly simplify things in version 4. We've already improved the sync experience in 1Password 4 for iOS and all the great improvements there will be avialable in 1Password 4 for Mac when it is released.

Right now the recommended sync solution is Dropbox since it works across all platforms/versions of 1Password, is fully automatic once you set it up, and is also extremely secure. The User Guide will walk you through the steps to set everything up:

Configure Dropbox on all of your computers and devices

If you are unable to use Dropbox for some reason (or you are simply cloud averse) USB syncing is also available which is much faster and more reliable than the old Wi-Fi syncing ever was. (You will never be required to reboot your wireless router.) ;)

1Password USB Sync

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.