Upgraded to MAS version... Which old files do I need?

Hello,

I just upgraded to the MAS version from version 3.8. When I put the old version into the trash, Hazel popped up and found a bunch of files associated with it. Can I safely delete all these, or does the MAS version of the app need them.

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It depends on where your data file is located. If you are syncing via Dropbox you may be able to get away with removing all those files, but the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/ folder contains your active data file and backups by default. The procedure we recommend is simply dragging the 1Password (3.8) application bundle from your Applications folder to the trash before installing 1Password (3.9) from the Mac App Store.

How do I install 1Password 3.9 if I already use a non-Mac App Store version?

It can be a good thing to have the files from 3.8 around as a safety net. Is there a reason you need to free up less than 50 MB of space on a presumably multi-gigabyte drive? :)

If you are not concerned with having a safety net, you can just delete all of those files since 1Password 3.9 stores all of its data in the Containers folder. 1Password 3.9 is a sandboxed application.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.