Software License - License Key Strips Formatting

Posting this in the Windows forum because that's what I'm using at the moment but I'm noticing this behavior on the iPad version as well. Can test macOS version later tonight if needed.

Problem:
When entering a license key for a "Software License" item, the formatting of the license key is stripped. Specifically, new lines. Sublime Text requires a specific format in its license window and as such I'm not able to copy/paste my license from 1Password into the window. For reference, here's what the license looks like:

----- BEGIN LICENSE -----
My Name
Single User License
RANDOM NUMBERS
RANDOM NUMBERS
RANDOM NUMBERS
RANDOM NUMBERS
----- END LICENSE -----

However, when I copy that from my email receipt into the license key field of 1Password it ends up looking like this:

----- BEGIN LICENSE ----- My Name Single User License RANDOM NUMBERS RANDOM NUMBERS RANDOM NUMBERS RANDOM NUMBERS ... ----- END LICENSE -----

And copying that obviously doesn't work in the Sublime Text license window. So I have to paste it into a text file, add the line breaks, then put it in the license window.

There doesn't appear to be any way to add line-breaks manually within the license key field in 1Password either.

I know that line breaks used to be supported at some point in the past because I have an old Sublime Text 3 license that is formatted correctly. But, again, if I copy that text and try to paste it in a new "Software License" item's "license key" field then the formatting is stripped and the license is broken.

Can anyone else confirm what I'm seeing? Also happy to provide more details if needed.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Blake
    edited June 2021

Howdy @AppleGeek 🤠

You can certainly consider this one confirmed. This is definitely a regression of a bug we've previously fixed in the past -- I have gone ahead and filed an internal issue with our development team to get this addressed.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

ref: dev/core/core#7848

This discussion has been closed.