Unable to load document

Options

Hello,

I have been using 1Password for some time with both work and personal accounts, and ran into this issue once before, whereby it resolved itself (don't know how). I am now experiencing the issue again.

I have a PDF saved as a 'Document' type, which I can't open. When I click the name of the file (click to download) -> select the location I want to download the file to -> Save, the document never downloads. I can do this an unlimited number of times and selecting different folders to save to, though the file will never download.

I then proceeded to login to the browser version of 1Password (using Edge Chromium, latest version), and the file displays "Unable to load document", therefore I am unable to download it there too.

I can open other PDFs saved in 1Password fine; this only affects a single PDF.

This PDF is incredibly important and it's the only copy I have, which I assumed I could rely on when saved in 1Password back in March this year.

I use Windows 10, and the latest 1Password version app 7.7.810.

Please help. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10, x64 21H1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Neviden !

Do you have any mobile device (Android, iOS) on which you can try to download / open the pdf?

• Neviden
    Neviden
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DenalB ,

Yes, I just tried to open using the app on my iPhone and I get a similar error:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like the document is broken. But I don’t know if there is a backup of this file….🤔

• Neviden
    Neviden
    Community Member
    Options

I suppose there's nothing that can be done, but I wish I could find out why so it can be prevented in future.

Thanks for your help anyway :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Neviden:

It does sound like the document was damaged :( You could try using the Item History feature on 1Password.com though, it's also worth a try:

View and restore previous versions of items

This discussion has been closed.