1Password 7 freezes on MacOS Big Sur

Options
cmunoz14
cmunoz14
Community Member

I have found that when the application is locked it will freeze indefinitely. Activity Monitor displays the app as not responding and it has a constant rainbow wheel. I get glimpses of the rainbow wheel disappearing which I use to type my master password given that it won't let me use biometrics to unlock the app. once the app is unlocked it runs smoothly. While the app is unlocked it will also freeze and take a long time to resolve if you navigate to the security menu under preferences.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: MacOS Big Sur 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cmunoz14!

I would suggest downloading a fresh copy of the 1Password app as a first step. You can reinstall 1Password 7 for Mac by first Quitting 1Password 7 Completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), then dragging the 1Password application to the trash. Visit our downloads page to grab a new copy of the 1Password 7 for Mac installer, and run that.

Is the performance better with a new installation?

• cmunoz14
    cmunoz14
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

thanks for the quick reply!

Seems like the clean install did the trick! Curious why the install from the App Store was behaving that way given it is the same version as the one on the downloads page.

Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmunoz14:

Seems like the clean install did the trick!

That's great to hear :)

Curious why the install from the App Store was behaving that way given it is the same version as the one on the downloads page.

Gremlins!

This discussion has been closed.