Password strength - display and sort

Please add the following two features to 1Password for Linux (and other clients if possible):
1) Show password strength when viewing an entry
2) Sort by password strength

This would be very useful for finding which passwords need changing because they're not strong enough.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.0.34
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey there @jktrigg, thanks so much for posting!

Show password strength when viewing an entry

You can view the strength of an entry's password on the right-hand side of the password field - for example, here's the password strength of one of my test items:

Sort by password strength

The Watchtower view allows you to look at entries based on their strength classification, and change the weakest passwords first - to do so, click the Watchtower section in the left-hand column of the app, then click Show Items for the category you'd like to work on to see all items under that category.

Let me know what you think! :smile:

• The Watchtower only allows you to work with weak passwords, not any of the stronger categories. I want to be able to go through my fair passwords.

• BlakeBlake

Team Member
    edited July 26

@jktrigg

Ah! I can totally see how being able to filter down the various password-strength categories outside of the "weak" passwords would be handy!

I've filed this as a feature request with our development team. Thanks a ton for your feedback!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#817

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file