What is this floating button on my Pixel and how do I get rid of it.

This floating 1Password “button”. It’s very annoying. It appears to get brighter when in tap it, but that’s it. I can move it from one side of the screen to the other but it invariably ends up being in the way of something.

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @CFster!

Can you post a screenshot of this button? Thank you!

• ag_audreyag_audrey

Team Member
    edited July 7

Hey @CFster, it sounds like you are referring to 1Password's Accessibility shortcut.

Let me clarify that there are two Accessibility options that you can enable, the Accessibility service itself and the Accessibility shortcut. Only the service is necessary, and the shortcut does not provide anything with regards to 1Password, which is why nothing happens when you tap on it. The shortcut can instead be used for another type of Accessibility service, like TalkBack or Magnification: https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/7650693?hl=en#:~:text=Choose a shortcut:,swipe with TalkBack turned on.

I suspect the Android 12 beta may be enabling this Accessibility shortcut by default. Therefore, all you'll need to do is disable 1Password's Accessibility shortcut, as it will not do anything.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with 😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file