Consistent date format and preferrably in international format

The Windows desktop app and browser extensions show date formats in the confusing American format (MM/DD/YYYY) while the iOS app has dates in the international format (YYYY-MM-DD) which is what the standard should be across all platforms to avoid confusion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• loggorloggor
    edited July 8

For which kind of item? I have an identity item with a date and its localized (DD/MM/YYYY) in both 1Pass 8 and the browser extension.

• Seeing it for passports and driver's licenses.

• Driver's license for is also using localized date format.

It's using dd/MM/YYYY in my case. If you are on windows 10 search for Region in the settings, see if you have the right country and
    region set up.

• Yeah, nah. I have my Windows date set as YYYY-MM-DD but 1Password doesn't recognize those.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Hi @ticky! Thanks for bringing this up.

If your device locale is set to a region where MM/DD/YYYY would be the default, that might be the reason why this is happening. Does that check out?

• See the below screenshots showing the difference between the Windows date format and the 1P desktop app format:

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

@ticky

Thanks for further clarification! After trying to reproduce things here on my end, it looks like in some cases, dates aren't being localized to Windows settings.

I've filed an issue with our development team so we can take a look at getting this corrected in a future update. Let us know if there's anything else you notice!

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• Thanks very much.

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Not a problem @ticky - thanks so much for bringing it to our attention! :smile:

• A +1 from an Italian user in Denmark to fix this. I was about to make a fatal mistake when imputting the date from 1Password into a flight booking system. Luckily I remember the month by heart and noticed before it was too late.

Like @ticky, I also double checked and my system (Windows) is set to the correct locale and date format.

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

Don't worry @Ciro, we'll definitely get this corrected! Thanks for sharing your feedback here! 🤗

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file