1P crashes when attaching photo to Driver License entry

Omen
Omen
Community Member
edited July 2021 in iOS

When I try to attach a photo from my camera roll to an existing entry in Driver Licenses, 1P will crash every time.

I’m using version 7.7.6 on iPhone XS Max

Ps - it works fine on my iPad Pro 11” 2021 with v7.7.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Omen!

Can you please tell us the exact steps that you are following, so we can try to replicate the issue? I ask because I do not see the option here to attach a picture to a Driver License item, only an option to upload a Document item and mark it as a related item, so I suspect you are following a different procedure.

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

I had an entry already existing under my Driver Licenses category for my Disabled Auto Placard. Previously it just contained a line of text (not in the notes area) with the placard number and expiration date. I edited this entry and tapped on Add New File. It came up with several choices including picking from Photos. I selected Photos and it showed me thumbnails of my pics, starting with the most current one. I touched my placard pic, but instead of putting a check by it, 1P closed. When I opened 1P again, the app told me it crashed and if it wanted me to send a report. I did (twice).

I mentioned previously that the 1P iPad app doesn’t have this problem; it successfully added the picture. When I checked back on my iPhone, the picture was now showing up attached correctly.

I hope this helps. You should have at least 2 app crash reports from me. If you need anymore info, let me flow. My iPhone is running 14.6, as is my iPad Pro.

Michael

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Omen:

We can also try taking a look at the app logs, in addition to the crash report. Can you please try this procedure again until the app crashes once more, then generate a diagnostics report from your iPhone and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

I found out something else. If I pick the first picture shown, it crashes. If I pick the second picture (to the right) it doesn’t crash. I’m in the process of generating what you need.

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

I sent the diagnostic report.

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

XIY-54699-237

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Omen:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: XIY-54699-237

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

NP @ag_ana !

Let me know if I generated the report for the crash. When I was flipping back and forth to put in my description, 1P would reset and I would have to generate the report again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Omen:

I cannot see the crash reports myself, I think those go directly to the developers. I can however see emails and diagnostics report that you send as attachment, and your message is currently in the list :+1:

This discussion has been closed.