1Password 7 is sooo slow and there is no global auto type

Options

Dear 1Password Team!

We're using 1PW since years now. The Windows App now got much better the last years, but we really have big performance issues. When i'm searching for an item in the main windows it takes some seconds until 1password is showing the correct item.
Sometimes when i choose one item in the list, the details are showing from a complete different item. then i have to click on a third item and back to the item i want to see the details. with some luck i will see the correct details.

I have at the moment 1.400 objects in my vaults. Is the big amount on objects the problem that it is so slow?

Since a few weeks im working with the new 1password extension in the edge browser. in some cases i cant unlock the vault and have to deactivate and activate the extension. after another activating it works fine.

Do you think you are able to work on a function that we can fill passwords into normal windows apps and not just browser? i know this functions from keepass:
https://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi @mkcom ,

First, thanks for being a long-time 1Password user. We appreciate the support! 😃

You have every right to expect great performance from the 1Password app. The fact that things are bogging down so noticeably, and the strange behavior you've encountered from the browser extension, suggest to me that something isn't right - whether with your 1Password app or in the underlying OS.

If you can send us a quick email at support+windows@1password.com referencing this post, I'll be happy to help you figure out the specific cause behind this and get you a solution.

Do you think you are able to work on a function that we can fill passwords into normal windows apps and not just browser?

I'll certainly mention it to our developers! Thanks for letting us know that this is important to you. Feedback is how we get better. 👍

This discussion has been closed.