1Password for Safari

Options
jaltam
jaltam
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, I came across a standalone "1Password for Safari" app on the Mac App Store and I tried it and it seems to work similar to 1Password in the browser extension in Chrome (the old 1Password X). It seems a little buggy still but I don't see any mention of it on the downloads page or even the release notes. Is this a beta? Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jaltam! It sounds like you've found the new 1Password for Safari extension that we're working on. While we haven't 'officially' released it, we've had to add this extension to the Mac App Store in order to test it out.

If you use 1Password in Safari quite frequently, my recommendation would be to remove this new extension that we're still testing and to stick with the extension that comes with the 1Password app. This will ensure that you get the best experience of 1Password in Safari.

The extension that comes with the 1Password app is available in stable and beta. To get the beta release, please see the steps in this article here: https://support.1password.com/betas/

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let us know.

• jaltam
    jaltam
    Community Member
    Options

Understood. Yes, I usually use the extension included in the app and it works perfectly. Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome :)

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I mischecked things. I had the same issue but the answer did solvbe it.

• Ben
    Options

Great! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.