Password generation

I am trying out the new 1password 8 beta release. I am really missing the possibility to generate a password by right clicking on the tray icon. Right know the only way to generate a new password is only available when signing up / registering on a new account on the web. Sometime a user may want to generate a password when not subscribing to a new service.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• It would be great if the password generator would be available by right-clicking the systray icon!
    So +1 from me! :+1:

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

The request to be able to generate a new password from the system tray is duly noted and has been sent to our developers, @Ands. Thanks for mentioning it!

By the way, you should still be able to use the password generator in other ways, too:

1. If you use 1Password for your browser, you should be able to click the 1Password icon in your browser, then the + icon, then Password Generator.
    2. If you use 1Password for Windows (Early Access), you should be able to choose new item > password and then click on the password field. That brings up a prompt to "create a new password", which invokes the password generator and lets you tweak the password settings to your liking.

I hope these prove handy, but can also understand the appeal of having the password generator in your system tray. Consider it filed!

• Hello @PeterG_1P ,

I actually really like how the password generator works from the browser extention. After clicking the + sign u have the tool wich also show you the genetor history which is fantastic. Instead I feel like this exactly same way of using the tool is missing from the app since as you state you need to pass through the new item creation. I also really like the smart password creation metod; it has happened often with 1password 7 to have to generate the password a few times to be able to meet the website requirement.

Keep up the amazing work!

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

That's great @Ands, thanks so much for the feedback! Peter got it passed along to the team - feel free to reach out if you think of anything else! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file