Is it possible to disable the "Sign in" popup? It's making 1Password pretty much unusable

at_123
at_123
Community Member

Since upgrading to a new version of 1Password as part of an OS upgrade, the following window pops up pretty much every time I need to enter a password:

The window pops up behind all opened windows, meaning I have to minimize all windows to find it, shut it, and only then I'm able to use 1Password (even to just get the 1Password version for this message I had to go through this process).

I am not interested in signing in/up.

Is it possible to disable this window? Why does it have to popup every time? there should be an easy way to users to signify they are not interested in this option

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @at_123

If you have a license you'll need to apply it to the installation. If not, then a membership is required.

• at_123
    at_123
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply @ag_tommy. I have a license and thought it was applied because it shows under the "Software Licenses" tab when opening 1Password. Is that it or do I need to do anything in addition to apply it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@at_123:

Is the one in your screenshot your most recent license purchase? If it is, you will need to download 1Password 6 rather than 1Password 7 :+1:

If you would like to use 1Password 7 instead (which is also our recommendation since 1Password 6 has not been updated for years now), you will need a Membership, as my colleague Tommy mentioned above.

This discussion has been closed.