2fa Problem

Options

ITS changed out my PC so I'm setting everything up again. I can't get 1password working because it isn't accepting my 2fa authentication. I've turned off and then restarted automatic date and time on my phone to correct any problem with the time registering correctly. Any other ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dimdem!

Even if you have configured that time is set automatically on your phone, can you make sure it is indeed correct on your PC too? I have seen this happen many times on Windows, so the very first thing that is worth checking is if the time is the same on all of your devices. 2FA is very time-sensitive, so any drift in time on any of your devices could cause the authenticator codes to be rejected.

A good resource that makes it easy to check this is the following website:

https://time.is/

After checking that website, is the time correct to the second?

• dsappana
    dsappana
    Community Member
    Options

I just logged on for the exact problem since it was fine on my Mac and iOS devices. I was approximately 3 seconds off. Thanks so much for your help! Solved my Windows problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @dsappana! I am glad to hear this :)

• dimdem
    dimdem
    Community Member
    Options

PC is only .3 seconds off. Is there any way around 2fa or have I lost the account if I can't authenticate?

• dimdem
    dimdem
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I was able to turn 2fa off from my phone, get my new system set up, then set up a new entry for 1P in my authenticator app.

• Blake
    edited July 2021
    Options

I'm glad to hear you got things working again @dimdem!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! :)

This discussion has been closed.