How do you remove an old unused and empty vault

Options

How do you remove an old unused and empty vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Remove unused vaults

Comments

• @J_K_O

Forgive if I take a stab at this, as I am not using the early access. If I recall correctly this has not been implemented. Yet! You should be able to remove that vault using 1Password.com.

• J_K_O
    J_K_O
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, unfortunately that means I will have to uninstall early access and reinstall version 7.

• @J_K_O

Maybe I am missing something, but why would using 1Password.com necessitate you changing versions. Pop over to 1Password.com make the deletion and then return to the client. As I said I am not very familiar with this early access. I could be wrong. I'll let one of my colleagues give a more definitive answer.

• J_K_O
    J_K_O
    Community Member
    Options

Got it, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@J_K_O:

My colleague Tommy is correct: the best way would be to remove this vault from the 1Password.com website for this time, so you don't need to change the desktop app just for this :)

• brian163
    brian163
    Community Member
    Options

We're at beta 8.5.0-83 and you still can't delete a vault from the desktop app? :|

• Ben
    Options

Correct; vault editing and deletion is handled through the 1Password.com web app at this time.

Ben

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member
    Options

May I please request that deletion of vaults be made possible through the 1Password app rather than through the web app. Thank you.

• Hello @dgbeecher, certainly. 👍 The request has been sent on to our development team, with thanks to you for the suggestion!

ref: dev/core/core#8356

• Hi @J_K_O @dgbeecher @brian163 👋

We've got an update for you! In the latest Beta (version 8.7.0-41), you can now both edit and delete vaults from within the 1Password app. We hope this is to your liking!

Full details on this release, including a number of other significant improvements and additions, can be found at the linked release notes for each platform version (Mac, Windows, Linux) right here:

https://1password.community/discussion/128543/beta-12-of-2022-is-now-available-️#latest

Thanks again for the valuable feedback you've provided! 🙌

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks!!

• My pleasure to provide the update, @dgbeecher. And we hope the increased flexibility will serve you well. 👍

This discussion has been closed.