How I Got Sync by WLan Working.

Options
Tom1000
Tom1000
Community Member

How I Got Sync by WLan Working: Between a Mac Mini and a Iphone SE.

FINDING A WORKING WLAN BY NAME:
1- WLan Sync would not sync with my Mac Mini on my Ethernet wired plug in Lan - it started & tried once but then quit and could not find the WLan again.
2- So, I had to take my Mac Mini OFF of the wired ethernet connection, and connect it by Wireless Lan to the "same named" WLan that my iphone was using. Do this in your main Mac computer's Network settings (found in system preferences). Then set your iphone to this same named Wireless Lan name.
3- Now with your main computer and iphone are using the same named Wi-Fi signal, that name will show up in the 1password the Sync WLan feature as a WLan connection for 1password to sync over.

SYNC PROGRESS:
3- At first it synced all items by name but not all data came through. There were missing pdf's in Secure Notes.
4- Then as I watched it gave some error messages that said "the system had timed out" and "1password has encountered a problem" and possibly some others. So I pressed "dismiss" on the error messages and the syncing seemed to continue. It may continue without your dismissing the message, I don't know since I always touched the dismiss-message option.
5- Anyway, it started syncing again and found my missing Secure Note PDF's. So just wait… you will see some error messages that you should dismiss yet apparently sync continues until it is all done.

FINISHING
6- The whole process probably took over 30 minutes maybe an hour or more. Finally it said next to the title "Last Sync" finished "1 minute ago" so I hope all data is there but I have too much to check it all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing these tips with the Community @Tom1000! I am sure other users will find this useful :+1:

• Tom1000
    Tom1000
    Community Member
    Options

Sync by WLan is essential.
    Keeps passwords off cloud for people with data sensitive financial jobs who incur liability from cloud activity.
    Many thanks for maintaining it. I only use it for data transfer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback :+1:

This discussion has been closed.