Prompt for license key when using trial version

scotswoman
scotswoman
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I got my copy of 1Password through the app store quick easy and painless. I've been a good camper backing up and when my hard drive died and had to be replaced I reinstalled the program. Now the program is demanding a license key which i don't have. Do I have to remove the program and lose all my data?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your hard drive, scotswoman, but I am glad you had backups. It sounds like you installed the version of 1Password from our website instead of installing it again from the Mac App Store. The version from our website requires a license key to function past the 30 day trial period.

As with all Mac App Store apps, 1Password 3.9 for Mac (from the Mac App Store) does not require a license key. Your purchase is tied to your Apple ID which serves as proof of your purchase.

The simple solution is to just drag the copy of 1Password you currently have installed from your Applications folder to the trash. Then install 1Password from the Mac App Store.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• scotswoman
    scotswoman
    Community Member

That worked, thank you for your help

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well.

Enjoy the rest of your week. :)

This discussion has been closed.