What information does 1Password store about a login I create on or import into 1 Password?

Options

I have just opened a 1Password account and have downloaded 1P to my Windows 10 laptop computer. I have not downloaded a 1P browser app for Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge yet. I am considering switching from LastPass to 1P.

I am learning how to create 1P logins. I have created a shopping site login that I have used before, and have added my user name, password, and shopping site url in 1P.

In LastPass, I can create a shopping site login for this site, add my user name, password, and chopping site url, and also add in my own comments about that site, such as hat size, belt size, and extent to which my orders have arrived on time, or been delayed or damaged.

Question: In 1P, can I add in my own comments about this shopping site login I have created in1P, and if so, how do I do this? I have been unable to do this so far.

Question: If I export my LastPass information (including these comments of mine) on another shopping site to 1P, will 1P import my own comments about that site, such as hat size, belt size, and extent to which my orders have arrived on time, or been delayed or damaged?

Question: If 1P does make this import, how and where can I see these comments and change them later if necessary?

Thanks in advance.
James1964

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @james1964!

Question: In 1P, can I add in my own comments about this shopping site login I have created in1P, and if so, how do I do this? I have been unable to do this so far.

Yes, you can use the Notes field which you find at the bottom of every Login item:

Alternatively, you can also create custom sections and fields to enter this information, if you prefer:

Customize your 1Password items

Question: If I export my LastPass information (including these comments of mine) on another shopping site to 1P, will 1P import my own comments about that site, such as hat size, belt size, and extent to which my orders have arrived on time, or been delayed or damaged?

Yes, you can import this data from LastPass:

Move your data from LastPass to 1Password

Question: If 1P does make this import, how and where can I see these comments and change them later if necessary?

By Editing that Login item, you can edit any field inside it, including the Notes :+1:

Create and edit items

• james1964
    james1964
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. Your answers were excellent and very helpful. james1964

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @james1964! Thank you for the kind words :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.