Now can't sign into 1P website

Options
shrink2
shrink2
Community Member

Now, my old Masterpw gets me into the app but not into the website! no pun intended but I'd like to have one password that works for both!

I can get into the app but How do I get back into the 1P website?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 11.5.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shrink2!

It sounds like you chose a different password for the 1Password website than the one you have been using to unlock the 1Password app. The way the 1Password app unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

So it sounds like in your 1Password app you still have an old Primary vault with a different password. Could this be the case?

If you would like to make both passwords the same, you can login to your 1Password account in a browser using your login information that you stored in the Emergency Kit. At that point you can change the password for your 1Password account:

How to change your Master Password

• @shrink2

Have you followed up with my email colleagues? Please do that as we have a dedicated line of communication going. I am closing this topic to prevent duplication of efforts. It look as if my email counterparts are awaiting a reply from you.

https://1password.community/discussion/122295/master-password-work-on-website-but-not-the-app#latest

ref: HFY-35167-941

This discussion has been closed.