A few dumb questions immediately after installing 1Password 8 on Mac

Options
2»

Comments

• koat0906
    koat0906
    Community Member
    Options

I just got the notification that 1PW 8 is available to download. However, after reading this trail I'm reluctant to do so as the main complaints identified here are key elements I rely on in 1PW 7. So, as the last entry appears to be 12/2021, I'm wondering if all of these (i.e., Item Count repostioning and Categories to the Side Bar) have been resolved now that it is 05/2022? TIA!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @koat0906

Categories can be shown in the sidebar if desired:

Item counts are available in two places:

1. The sort selector at the top of the item list:
    2. At the bottom of the item list:

I hope that helps!

Ben

• koat0906
    koat0906
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben! One follow up question - just to ensure I read/do this correctly - BEFORE I download and install 1PW8, I need to delete any and all earlier versions from my Mac? Thanks in advance (again)!

• Ben
    Options

Happy to help 😃 If you're upgrading from 1Password 7 w/ a membership then the v8 installer will take care of everything for you. If you're upgrading from an earlier version, let's chat: support@1password.com. :)

Ben

• koat0906
    koat0906
    Community Member
    Options

I have the 1PW7 w/ a membership, so I'm good to go. You'll notice this screen shot from my APP Folder. Can/should I trash any of these before the 1PW8 download and install, or will the DL&I take care of those too? (Hopefully my last question!!!)! THANKS, Ben!

• Ben
    Options

You can trash all of them except 1Password for Safari, which 1Password 8 uses. 😊 I'm not sure where that "1Password 7 2.app" came from — that isn't something either our installer or the App Store names the 1Password app. Perhaps a name you manually applied? In any event — it can go.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.