Correct order for Dropbox sync

I've been using the iOS version for a while, bought the MAS one a couple of weeks ago. I already tried Dropbox syncing, but for some reason, even after linking the db from Dropbox, for some reason whatever I added thru the iOS app it would not get added to the MAS version, so at that time I just gave up in using it thru the desktop.

But I want to try again to see if maybe I did something wrong. What I remember doing was:

1. Since I've been using the iOS version already, I activated Dropbox syncing thru the App.
  2. I had Dropbox already setup on the Mac.
  3. When I opened 1Password for the first time it asked me if I wanted a new DB or if I had one already, I went for the second option (I had one already).
  4. Manually browsed to where the copy was inside the Dropbox folder (seems that it got copied into the computer).
  5. Went to Preferences and told the app that I wanted Dropbox syncing, the path to the file changed to the Dropbox folder.

Afterwards, I tried adding an entry thru the iOS app. I closed the desktop application, re-opened and the new entry wasn't there. I made sure that the Dropbox folder was fully synchronized as well.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

What data location does your Mac report. You can find this in preferences. Sounds like the 2 may be looking in different locations. Which is a sheer guess at this point.

The data file location should be something like ~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain is that what you see ? "~" is = to the user account currently logged in etc.

• AdrianC
    AdrianC
    Community Member

Well, it seems that it's working now. Did the same procedure on this computer and it does sync, even on the fly. I'll try tomorrow on the computer I had the problem to see if it works now :O

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting us know that everything is working well. On behalf of T. Hightower, you are quite welcome! :)

Keep us posted.

This discussion has been closed.