Trouble with bmo.com Login

Options
Gary Sumlak
Gary Sumlak
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have several passwords saved for BMO from when the debit card number and password were on the same page. When BMO went to a 2 page login (debit # on first page, password on second page), 1PW still worked because the field name stayed the same. This is still the case, as 1PW works perfectly on OSX 4 to 6 for Safari and Firefox.

However, since I upgraded my MBP to Lion, 1PW now ALWAYS fills the Mastercard field "siMasterCard" with my debit number instead of filling the Debit Card fields "FCB_Number" for ALL browsers, including the latest releases of Safari, Firefox and Chrome. The 1PW logins for ALL of my BMO logins have FCB_Number and FCB_Password explicitly listed in the 1PW "All Fields" section, and the appropriate field is checked respectively.

If I create a NEW login for the BMO login page use the "+" on the 1PW menu button, the FCB_Number fills correctly. And I can manually add FCB_Password to that new login, and 1PW will fill in the password in the password page correctly.

BTW FCB_Number and siMasterCard fields exist in both the original and new 1PW logins.

Comparing the old and new 1PW logins, they look identical, but the original login always fills the wrong field.

I manage both personal and business accounts and all behave the same.

Because this problem exists on all browsers, this does not appear to be a plugin issue, but systemic to 1PW.

What can I do to correct this problem, so that I do not have to recreate all the passwords in my 1PW database (of which I have accumulated thousands over the years using 1PW.

I will participate in ANY assistance needed.

The installed version of 1PW is Version 3.8.20 (build 31499)
OSX 10.7.5 (Build 11G63)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm not sure I understand the issue. Your comment here makes me think you have already found the solution:

If I create a NEW login for the BMO login page use the "+" on the 1PW menu button, the FCB_Number fills correctly. And I can manually add FCB_Password to that new login, and 1PW will fill in the password in the password page correctly.

Are you having trouble with the newly saved Login item(s)? Do you really have thousands of them for this one site? Based on what you wrote, this issue only applies to this specific site. Please let me know if I am incorrect, and, if so, let me know the other site(s) where you are seeing similar behavior.

I'd love to help with some more details.

Cheers!

• navcom
    navcom
    Community Member
    edited August 2013
    Options

Just installed program yesterday.

Imported my data from the keypass program successfully.

I am able to bring up the main page for the Bank of Montreal. This bank uses a two page log-in format. Page one allows one to use either a debit card or a credit card ... debit card is on the top input block and credit card below that block. I put my cursor in the debit card box and right click to select the fill login option. 1password fill the correct number into the wrong box and stops. How do I (1) get 1PW to fill in the correct box and (2) how do I configure 1PW to cause the login process to advance to the next log-in page and properly insert the password.

I have not tried any other login's yet.

keypass uses a very simple script that automatically inserts a pause to give time for the second page to load before inserting the password. My hope is that 1PW will be similarly easy to use once I figure out how it works. Sorry to be asking such basic questions but your tutorials and FAQs to not cover the most basic issues that I need to resolve, like how to verify that imported data was properly imported; what should be in which box; and how one needs to configure each login item to work properly.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2013
    Options

What is the URL of the actual Login page? I found this one, but I want to make sure we are on the same page — both literally and figuratively. :)

https://www1.bmo.com/onlinebanking/cgi-bin/netbnx/NBmain?product=5

Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Manually enter the password in the details view.
    5. The previous step is important, so I'll repeat it. Manually enter the password in the details view.

6. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).

7. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://www1.bmo.com/onlinebanking/cgi-bin/netbnx/NBmain?product=5

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

Since I don't have an account there, I was not able to test past the first page. However, you should be able to simply press ⌘\ on the first page to have your card number filled and submitted. Then press ⌘\ on the second page to fill and submit your password.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• Denni
    Denni
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a BMO customer who had the same login issue. These instructions work great for the two step login. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Denni,

Thanks so much for letting us know that these instructions got you sorted out! We're here if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.