New password changes not being updated for existing login's

On at least two different sites, the passwords are not being updated when I make changes.

www.dslreports.com and dropbox.com. In both cases, I needed to edit the information. This has also happened with my bank for my HSA. I am using the mac appstore version with the latest beta extensions in Safari. 10.8.2 for OSX

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. Could you please tell me a bit more about the issue? Do you mean that the 1Password browser extension is not automatically prompting you to save a password when you change it on a site? Or do you mean that you followed the steps in the User Guide to change a Login's password and the item wouldn't save the change?

Please be sure to follow the steps in the User Guide for changing a Login's password and let me know if you are still having trouble.

I'm trying to figure out if the problem is with:

• the autosave bar not appearing (which actually isn't used for the process of changing a password)
    • the Login item not saving an edit in the browser extension
    • the extension showing the correct data but the main application not being updated to reflect the change in the extension

Let me know which one, and we can go from there. I'd love to help you get it sorted out. Although, you may find that simply following the steps in the User Guide mitigates whatever problem you were having before.

Keep me posted. :)

This discussion has been closed.