Collapsable tag list

Will this be coming back any time soon? Uncollapsed, the tag view is a pain.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hey, @kimaldis! In your installation, is there a caret next to the word TAGS in the left sidebar? There should be, like this:

You can click this to show/hide the tags.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

This is just hiding all tags. I and probably @kimaldis are missing a function to collapse/expand nested tags that were created as tagcategory/tagname. Currently, v8 displays these hardcoded as indented, but no functionality to hide deeper tag levels as possible in v7.

• kimaldis
    kimaldis
    Community Member

Exactly. Collapsing nodes. I remember it took a while for this to appear in a previous version. It's disappointing to see it gone in 8, it makes things difficult.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kimaldis - thanks for the clarification. :) Please remember that this is an early access release and we have much more coming before eventual launch day.

• kimaldis
    kimaldis
    Community Member

:)

• RossRoss
    RossRoss
    Community Member

+1'ing this. I have a ton of tag/subtags and it's turned my tagging into scroll city. Hopefully this is on the roadmap to be reintroduced. If not, some better method would need to be provided for categorization.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in on this as well @RossRoss! :+1: :)

• Donald22
    Donald22
    Community Member

Also you can't even rename/delete tags globally. So if you have 100+ items with a tag that you need to rename/delete, have fun entering 100+ items and manually rename/delete each single one ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• no more adding lots of tags to an item by just using comma, now you need to manually create each one......
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Donald22:

Renaming tags is also on our developers' list, so hopefully that can come back soon ;)

• ejunkie
    ejunkie
    Community Member

+1 from me
    I'm reorganizing my tags and the ability to collapse/expand nested tags would help to minimize scrolling

• jqxfxiva
    jqxfxiva
    Community Member

+1

Also you can't even rename/delete tags globally. So if you have 100+ items with a tag that you need to rename/delete, have fun entering 100+ items and manually rename/delete each single one ¯(ツ)

+1

• RossRoss
    RossRoss
    Community Member

Any update on this? I held off on reorganizing my tags, knowing if subtags will be making a comeback in the future would be nice. If this isn't the right place to post feature requests let me know where I should be posting these.

• Hi @RossRoss! We don't have any updates on this at the moment, but I have taken the opportunity to add your (updated) request to our existing discussion of this feature. You're in the right place, and we appreciate your feedback - and we'll make sure it reaches our developers. Thank you again!

ref: dev/core/core#6281

• tmakaro
    tmakaro
    Community Member

Yes, please back tag collapse. I miss this from 1P7. However, there is also one improvement over 1P7 tag collapse that I would like to see. Auto-expand/collapse on current node.

I want to click on one tag, and for it to expand those subtags (if they exist of course). Then if I click on a different tag (at the same level) then it should auto collapse the previous tag(s) and expand the new one. Hopefully, I explained that well. I understand that not everyone would prefer it this way, so options are good here. This would save me a lot of clicks, please.

• Thank you, @tmakaro. We understand clearly, and appreciate the vote!

This discussion has been closed.