Archive/Delete button confusion

Options
anna212
anna212
Community Member

I thought the Trash had been replaced with Archive. But after thinking I had archived something and not finding it, I see there is now an Archive and Delete button placed very close together. I did see a pop-up alert, but I thought it was the same notice about Archive replacing Trash, and I clicked through it too quickly. Now, I think I accidentally deleted something. In this case, it was not too important, but this could cause a lot of inconvenience. Please make these two buttons much more distinct.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5 (Firefox
OS Version: Mac OS 11.4
Referrer: forum-search:archive delete

Comments

• Hello @anna212! 👋

I'm sorry that the buttons were not clear enough. If you accidentally deleted an item and if you have a 1Password account then you can restore the item for a limited period of time using 1Password.com:

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)
    2. Open the vault that contained the item.
    3. Click View Recently Deleted in the sidebar.
    4. Click Restore next to the item.

We're already planning to re-design the look of these buttons in 1Password 8 to make them more distinct. Here's what the new design currently looks like:

I hope that helps. :)

• anna212
    anna212
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the restore recently deleted instructions. That fixed my immediate issue.

The new button designs are an improvement, although, personally, I still like to see more space around them.

• Hi @anna212 - I'm so glad that Dave's steps helped and resolved the issue. I will pass on your observation about the space around the new buttons.

This discussion has been closed.