Deleting an item from Watchtower results kicks you out of Watchtower

Options

What is happening:

1. I'm looking at a list of vulnerable password in Watchtower
  2. I right click on an item and select delete
  3. I confirm the deletion in the dialog
  4. I am kicked out of Watchtower results

What I expected:

After deleting the item I should be left in the same Watchtower list, minus the deleted item

1Password Version: 80200056
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ianiv, thanks for bringing this up! This is something we've heard from a number of customers lately, and we have put in a request to our developers for the kind of change you describe here. Thanks for letting us know that it matters to you!

ref: dev/core/core#8775

• adamjury
    adamjury
    Community Member
    Options

A big plus one to this. The first thing I did when I installed 1P8 was to check out the new Watchtower, hoping to burn through a bunch of old/unsafe logins, and getting booted right back to All Items each time I make a change means an extra two clicks, plus finding where I was in the list of items again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @adamjury, I have added you to the list of users who would like to see this change :+1:

• alphgal
    alphgal
    Community Member
    Options

I'll add my vote for this change please, and not just for after deletions, but also any update made in response to Watchtower. For example, I have nearly 100 "weak" passwords that I'm updating and it's extremely inconvenient to have to go in and out of Watchtower every time I fix one. Still love all your work on 1Password though! Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @alphgal, I have sent it to the developers :+1:

• kiltedtenor
    kiltedtenor
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same thing. Big +1 from me too. Makes Watchtower very difficult to use.

• Thanks for sharing, @kiltedtenor. Hopefully we can get this addressed soon.

Ben

• flipswitchingmonkey
    Options

Another +1 from me - same behaviour when inside Watchtower you tell it to use HTTPS for an unsecured site - you're sent back to All Items immediately.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for chiming in as well @flipswitchingmonkey :+1:

This discussion has been closed.