General comment, 1 specific comment, 1 suggestion

Options

I really like the 1P8 desktop app (Electron). I know there is much discussion about the benefits of SwiftUI versus Electron, but I think it comes down to the features and user experience: if you can deliver in Electron, great! I am, however, a huge supporter of a desktop app of some form. I don't think a password manager can be a great experience within a Web browser. Not to mention the convenient integration with Safari and Chrome.
Specific Comment: It's probably a beta issue, but 1P8 does not remember the window size from one use to the next. I should not have to resize the window each time I go to 1P8.
Suggestion: My preferred sort is by last used, which is missing in the beta I have. Can we get that back, please?

Regards,
Ben

1Password Version: 8.0 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12 beta

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BenNeivert!

Specific Comment: It's probably a beta issue, but 1P8 does not remember the window size from one use to the next. I should not have to resize the window each time I go to 1P8.

Can you please try updating to the latest beta, version 8.2.0-56.BETA and see if that works for you there? I have tested this on a Mac and 1Password 8 was able to remember the window size for me :+1:

Suggestion: My preferred sort is by last used, which is missing in the beta I have. Can we get that back, please?

Done, I have let the developers know that you would like to see this sort option back :)

ref: dev/core/core#4042

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for last used for sort.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Noted @jcsully217, thank you :+1:

• BenNeivert
    BenNeivert
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning @ag_ana
    Thank you for looking at my window re-size issue! I am running 1Password for Mac 8.2.0-56.BETA, 80200056, on BETA channel, and the issue appears to be resolved. I will check over the next few days to be sure that it has. If it has not, I'll drop a note here.

Thank you for submitting my sort option suggestion. Very kind of you.

Regards,
    Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @BenNeivert! I am glad to hear that this is working for you too now :) And by all means, let us know if this happens again so we can take a closer look :+1:

Thank you for submitting my sort option suggestion. Very kind of you.

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.