multiple dropbox accounts

My wife and I have different dropbox accounts. We'd like to share one 1Password account. Is there a way to do this? Can, for instance, 1Password live within a shared folder?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

Yep. Just share the

1Password

folder (the one that contains 1Password.keychain) using Dropbox folder sharing. :)

• dgpitard
    dgpitard
    Community Member

thank you!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is my pleasure to help.

Cheers!

• Balois
    Balois
    Community Member

A reverse question. Is it possible to have two 1Password agilekeychains in one dropbox account? Perhaps using folders to distinguish them? My wife and I each have three mac devices and share one dropbox but would like separate agilekeychains.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

A reverse question. Is it possible to have two 1Password agilekeychains in one dropbox account?

No. Not at this time. Only a single 1Password data file is supported per Dropbox account.

What you can do is simply create a new Dropbox account for her (or yourself) and then share everything else between the two accounts with separate 1Password data files.

• Balois
    Balois
    Community Member

Thanks, One point of clarification. If I set up two dropboxes and two data files what did you mean by

then share everything else?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

If you've both been using a single Dropbox account, then presumably you have files that you both want access to. If not, just use separate Dropbox accounts with separate data files. You're all set. :)

If you do have files that you want to share between the two Dropbox accounts, though, you can put those files in a subfolder and use Dropbox folder sharing to share that folder between your account and your wife's.

That way your 1Password data will be separate, but the files you want to have in common will be available in both Dropbox accounts.

This discussion has been closed.