Safari Web Extension lock shortcut overrides Safari’s “[Show/Hide] Sidebar” shortcut

Options
ghslp
ghslp
Community Member

In the new Safari Web Extension Shift-Cmd-L locks the vault. This overrides the default shortcut for Safari’s “Show Sidebar”/“Hide Sidebar” command, which is one of my most-used Safari shortcuts. At first I figured the shortcut was managed by the core 1Password 8 app, but if I disable the Safari extension the sidebar shortcut works again.

This shortcut needs to be customizable, and the default should probably be changed, at least for the Safari variant of the extension — a Safari extension shouldn’t globally override a core Safari keyboard shortcut.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• @ghslp

I see you sent us a message. I'll be replying there shortly. Thanks for trying the early access.

• phyllisstein
    phyllisstein
    Community Member
    Options

👋 Hello! I ran into the same difficulty. I tried clearing the shortcut in 1Password’s preferences and changing it to an alternative keystroke. In both cases, the Safari extension’s lock/unlock behavior stays bound to ⌘+⇧+L, and 1Password eats it before Safari can respond.

My temporary solution was to set Safari-specific shortcuts, bound to ⌃+⇧+L, in System Preferences. Not the end of the world. Is there a better fix?

This discussion has been closed.