Feature Request: "1Browser" or Web Mode on desktop

J_sson
J_sson
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

A brief search didn't turn up any info on such a feature as a request or upcoming so I apologize if I'm repeating. But is it at all likely that the desktop software will gain it's own web browsing functionality akin to the mobile version?

I imagine the mobile browser was a consequence of the limitations on interacting with Mobile Safari. However, I'd actually prefer that ultra-sandboxed approach on the desktop to the use of browser extensions within my main browsers. Having a "Secure" browser, with self-contained cache, history, and bookmarks completely isolated from other apps would simplify keeping my online banking information private.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013

Sorry for the extremely delayed reply, J_sson. There isn't currently a beta version of 1Password 3.9, and there hasn't been for a while, so I had not been looking in this category. I was checking for a while, but there weren't any posts for months so I got a little lazy and stopped checking (since there isn't a beta version anyway). :)

I've moved this to the stable category so it doesn't get lost again.

I'll pass your request for this along to the developers. Thank you for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.