Safari extension not working with myharmony.com

Options
steve28236
steve28236
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

Slightly odd behaviour using the 1Password Safari extension to login to myharmony.com. It fills out the user name and password and then the password immediately deletes and doesn't login.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at this specific login page on the site:

http://www.eharmony.com/login/

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If you are still having trouble, please try disabling autosubmit for that Login and let me know if that resolves the issue. Since I don't have an account there, I was not able to verify autosubmit for the form.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

Wrong website. eharmony.com is a dating website, myharmony.com is for Logitech universal remote controls. I'll try your method on myharmony.com though and report back if there is still a problem.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha! My apologies. The procedure should be the same on either site, but my brain must be in the mood for romance. I read that URL completely wrong and didn't even notice.

Please do keep me posted. :)

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

Just to let you know, it didn't work. Same bizarre problem where the password disappears.

I have had to disable auto submit.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Does it work fine with autosubmit disabled, though? Sometimes sites do things to break autosubmit, but filling still works just fine.

Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.