one username/password for multiple sites (e.g. gmail, google cal, youtube, etc)

Is there any way to handle this situation? Google services are an obvious example. My university log in is another. But there are many more. I basically would like to be able to log into multiple sites with the same log in information, which would greatly improve the management of accounts. The browser popup after the user logs into a new site could offer an alternative option "add to existing account" if the login information (username + password) matches an existing account.

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

In the case of Google, the login page is actually always redirected to the same domain, so one Google Login item will work across all Google services. Here's the URL for Google's global login page:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin

Note that the domain is still google.com even when you are coming from YouTube or another domain.

In same cases, however, there are credentials that are shared across different domains. I'm not sure offhand if this is a valid example or not, but one case I could imagine would be with amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. 1Password will treat this as different domains (since they are) and employ anti-phishing protection to prevent filling the former on the latter.

The good news is that "linked accounts" or "multiple URLs for a single Login item" are a 1Password 4 feature and 1Password 4 is already available on iOS. :)

The feature should be available in 1Password 4 on other platforms as well as soon as it is released.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.