Can't install Safari extensions

Arcticmist
Arcticmist
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I can't install Safari extensions on 6.0.2. Extensions are enabled.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble, Arcticmist, but I'm not certain that I understand what the trouble is. Could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen?

1. Is there an error message?
    2. If so, what is it?
    3. Could you post a screenshot of it?
    4. What is the specific number of the step on the download page where you are stuck?
    5. Can you install any other Safari extensions from outside Apple's extension gallery? You can test with the YouTube5 extension.

With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance. Thanks!

• Arcticmist
    Arcticmist
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Error message: Sarfari can't install this extension. An error occurred while installing the extension "LastPass". I get the same message with every extension I try to install including YouTube5.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I should mention that this is the 1Password forum. The extension you are trying to install is a competitor of ours. We are not affiliated with them in any way. I'm happy to help as much as possible, but the issue is with Safari itself not 1Password (or the other extension you were trying to install that is not 1Password).

If you try to install the 1Password Safari extension but get an error like "Safari can't install this extension. An error occurred when installing the extension "1Password," there might be something wrong with key system files on your Mac. Here are a couple of solutions you can try:

Rebuild LaunchServices:
    http://hintsforums.macworld.com/showthread.php?t=112255

Make sure the Cache folder is not locked:
    http://hintsforums.macworld.com/showthread.php?t=113092

After trying these remedies, give the 1Password extension another shot.

• Arcticmist
    Arcticmist
    Community Member

So sorry, I was actually trying to get 1Password to work. I was actually trying to migrate FROM the competitor.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That is good news. :)

Any better luck after rebuilding launch services and making sure the cache folder is not locked? Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.