Cannot install safari extension

ekohn
ekohn
Community Member

Hi folks, I've been using Edge, and wanted to give Safari a try. Unfortunately I can't get the extension to install. I'm on Safari 15 (latest macOS beta) and did dl the 1password extension following the link for the beta. I've also made safari my default browser.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ekohn!

If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, is the 1Password extension showing in the list for you?

• ekohn
    ekohn
    Community Member

no its not.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ekohn:

Please try downloading the latest Early Access version and install a fresh copy: the Safari extension should be installed automatically with the app, so I wondering if this happened because you tried to install the extension manually in addition to this.

• ekohn
    ekohn
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    no joy.

• ekohn
    ekohn
    Community Member

I just did a full delete, reboot and reinstall. Still no salari extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ekohn:

Ah I see now, you are using version 8, the Early Access. You originally posted in the Mac Beta section, so I thought you were using 1Password 7 beta, where the extension is installed automatically. I have moved the conversation to the correct section now :+1:

So when you are trying to install the extension from the Mac App Store, do you get an error message from there when the extension does not install for you?

• ekohn
    ekohn
    Community Member

@ag_ana my bad on the beta vs early access.....oops, sorry.

No error, wish it was so. It opens, nothing happens when I press the "open safari preferences". And of course it didn't install into extensions.

• @ekohn

Can you try the steps suggested by Kaitlyn in this post and let us know if it resolves the issue for you?

• ekohn
    ekohn
    Community Member

They did not.
    However, out of curiosity I installed safari tech preview and the extension installed in both safari versions.

• @ekhon

Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear installing STP managed to help get things working for you. Do let us know if you have any other issues, we'll be here to help!

This discussion has been closed.