Suggestion: Find identical passwords

Hi,

With all the recent hacks going on on many online platforms I'd like to go through all of my passwords to make sure I'm not using the same one for two different services.
It'd be nice to have an option to show all the logins for different websites that share the same password so I could go through the list and change the passwords on each site.

Thanks

Nicolas

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll definitely pass your vote for this along to the developers. Thanks for your feedback, Nicolas! :)

For now, you can search or create a Smart Folder for a specific password. Here is a link to our blog post explaining how:

Tips: How to Find Duplicate Passwords

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• Nicolasd
    Nicolasd
    Community Member

Thanks for the info... I didn't know you could do that. It'll help a lot though an automated option will be nice too :-)

Thanks again

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is my pleasure to help! Enjoy the rest of your week. :)

• sovanbu
    sovanbu
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

This functionality actually already exists in 1 Password 3.8.20 in the Website Version for Mac. I can't confirm for the Mac App Store.

If you click the search field in 1 Password there are options to search for "Common" "Title" "Location" "Username" "Password" "Everything"

If you click to search in "Password" you can see multiple logins with that field.

• sovanbu
    sovanbu
    Community Member

Ohh I see, maybe the OP is requesting an area that specifically shows repeated passwords whereas the current workaround is to manually search.

Sorry for my confusion.

• Nicolasd
    Nicolasd
    Community Member

yup... But thanks for your suggestion anyway :-)

This discussion has been closed.