I have a 1Password entry that has 2 password fields. I want to delete the 2nd. How do I do that?

The two password fields are for the same username.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:delete duplicate password field

Comments

• Hi @bhodgman:

To delete a duplicate password entry, select "Edit" at the top of an item, then select the field menu icon to the right of an entry, and select "Delete":

Jack

• bhodgman
    bhodgman
    Community Member

Thanks, Jack. My screen does not have the field menu for the password field I want to delete. Here's a screenshot (I want to delete the password field with "blah blah" in it):

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021

Hi @bhodgman, thanks for letting us know about this. As far as I know, items in this highlighted box aren't re-arrangeable - and to be honest I'm not totally sure how your second password field made it there. 🤔 A cyber-mystery!

In any case, I think your best bet here will be to:

1. Create a new login item
    2. Copy the valid data you want to keep into that new item
    3. Delete the old item

and that should help you circumvent the issue as it currently exists. Does that sounds like a reasonable approach to you?

Another way you could try would be to delete the data from that second password field, save the item, and then see if it subsequently lets you delete the field.

So far I haven't been able to reproduce the conditions you've shown here, but if you can describe how it's done I'll be happy to take a look!

• bhodgman
    bhodgman
    Community Member

Hi, Peter - thanks for your quick reply. I tried the "blank-out the password, save, re-edit" steps but it still does not allow me to delete. I'll recreate the whole entry from scratch. Not a problem.

I was on a website and was trying to create a username and password and I do not remember the exact steps I took to wind up with the double password fields. Sorry I can't provide steps to reproduce!

Bob

• Hi @bhodgman, thanks for letting us know 😄

Great to hear that this isn't a substantial issue, and that re-creating the entry works for you. Of course, if you ever find that the problem reproduces, feel free to let us know and we'll be very interested to check it out.

Either way: thank you for raising the issue, and we hope you enjoy the experience of the app from here! ⛵

This discussion has been closed.